News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Alex Bateman - The dambuster thief...

Alas he is not the first and will certainly not be the last to engage in such reprehensible activity. Unfortunately the same penalty which was inflicted by Henry I on those moneyers producing sub weight coinage is no longer lawful (to put it politely they lost their ability to sire children), shame as in this case I think it would be totally suitable

Paul

Hello.

It seems such people are at work wherever items in demand can be gotten by trickery and then sold to most often, unsuspecting collectors.

H.M. prison system I dare hope has its ways to give special accommodations and such to deserving felons.

BTW: this writer had the opportunity to see the very accuracy if not to call it surgical precision with which the Edertal Dam was taken out when visiting the immediate area shortly after the attack. My hat is still off to these daring air crews from the then other side.

Bernhard H. Holst

Interesting.  On another forum I frequent, a member posted to the effect that he'd gone to law to get his money back for fake Damebuster memorabilia, icnluding a log book, and then got quite shirty when several people suggested he was an idiot not to have known that the stuff would have been in the NAM!  probably no connection to this swine, but clearly the attraction of the unit and its explots lead perhaps otherwise sensible people to do stupid and awful things.  

On 1/16/2017 at 08:31, Bernhard H.Holst said:

Hello.

It seems such people are at work wherever items in demand can be gotten by trickery and then sold to most often, unsuspecting collectors.

H.M. prison system I dare hope has its ways to give special accommodations and such to deserving felons.

BTW: this writer had the opportunity to see the very accuracy if not to call it surgical precision with which the Edertal Dam was taken out when visiting the immediate area shortly after the attack. My hat is still off to these daring air crews from the then other side.

Bernhard H. Holst

Bernhard,

Would it be possible to put a USB cord in your ear and download all of your memories?:lol:

When I think of all that you have seen (only a fraction of which you have recounted to us)....

Michael

Hello Michael.

That would be nice. My current health unfortunately gives me little energy to even compile a list of my Foreign Legion unit fatal losses which is up to date and close to my heart.

But such is fate/destiny or whatever we want to call it. Am lucky to have made it this far...

Bernhard H. Holst