News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Cadet Corps Badge

paja

I just noticed this badge among finished auctions on ebey, is it original?
    Information about the Russian Cadet Corps (Русский кадетский корпус) can be found on Russian Wiki page LINK. It was located in the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes/Kingdom of Yugoslavia and according to Wiki it was the first foreign and the last remaining Russian cadet corps.
    01.jpg
    05.jpg
    03.jpg
    04.jpg

Edited by paja

Thanks for that, Nick!

RCC was based in Serbian town of Bela Crkva. Couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon Serbian documentary about Wrangel on Youtube, that's when I heard for the first time that more than 2500 Russians lived there in the interwar period. It is estimated that around 75.000 Russians found their new home in the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes.

There's a small museum called the Russian room in Bela Crkva today and a Russian church built in I think 1930. Some 650 Russians found their final resting place in that town, 19 generals among them. 

Russian Room Museum LINK

Above-mentioned documentary "Јего благородије барон Врангел" in case someone's interested. It is in Serbian, unfortunately no subtitles but still one can see many interesting photos and films.

• 2 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...

Hello paja, everyone,

just now on serbian auction is published another one, here is the link 

https://www.limundo.com/kupovina/Kolekcionarstvo/Ordenje-i-plakete/YU-SFRJ-i-Srbija/Belogardejska-oznaka-RR/70323361

Seller of course states that is original, but as i checked on several russian forums obviousely this is newly made copy, known as Belgrade copy. I think that this copy is coming from the same kitchen where serbian and kingdom of yugoslavia cockades are made