News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The epitome of Red Stars

I hope they wil offer an discount, if you take a dozen. :rolleyes:

It is a collector's price or fancy price, I think this rare medals have no reasonable price.

Edited by Alfred

Well, I'd like to add that coming from an Imperial German collecting background and German/Austrian buying/selling for years now........... I continue to be utterly astounded at the pricing of some of these rarer Soviet era awards.

Guest Rick Research

The point being, R-A-R-E. I suppose if you want one then you simply have to pay what one costs.

Luckily for me, my monastic "lifestyle" precludes palm of the hand sized purchases for the equivalent of a very nice recent used car

but for those with the will and the way,

more power to them.

I will gripe about overpriced common items (M1943 Red Banners for instance-- half a million awarded and without the scrap bullion excuse for the equally numerous Lenins of the same type), but this is not the sort of thing-- don't we all wish-- that just turns up on eBay for 20period00 National Currency Units.

Well, not REAL ones anyway.

Still, even as prices have skyrocketed, there is more than enough still within my improverished and yet sweaty grasp to keep me pleased and happy for the rest of my natural days without ever spending beyond three figures.

It's all a matter of taste, as much as having spare palaces to store the stuff in. Me, I'd rather have a nice WW2 combat veteran's researched/researchable awards

than a "tractor" Lenin or something like this that is insanely rare

but at any distance beyond the length of one's arms looks exactly like all the other almost 4 million same-same out there.

There will always be incredibly expensive exotica.

I'd be happier if the NON-exotica wasn't inappropriately expensive, too.

There must be a market for such things, obviously in whatever passes as the "Collecting Jet Set"...

but me?-- I'd rather "hang out" here with YOU guys! :beer:

Thanks, Doc.

Additionally the earlier ones doesn?t differ so much from later pieces in quality. This "Gosnak" is of couse a special case because of the construction.

I have 5 or 6 Red Stars, earlier and later examples and i love every single one of them.

I for one would be happy with a Red Star numbered under 50.000 and they are still affordable to buy. :cheers:

Gerd

I just saw Red Banner "2" number 2 yesterday. The price that the dealer wanted for it was about 9 times more than a normal one, but I was actually extremely tempted to buy it... after all, when are you ever going to find another like that? Ever??? That's one of the times when rarity outweights any kind of reasonable value...

Dave

I just saw Red Banner "2" number 2 yesterday. The price that the dealer wanted for it was about 9 times more than a normal one, but I was actually extremely tempted to buy it... after all, when are you ever going to find another like that? Ever??? That's one of the times when rarity outweights any kind of reasonable value...

Dave

I agree, Dave. Although not playing in your League, i have paid thrice the amount for an ORB lately, what i am normally willing to pay. It was something special and i just had to have it.

So i guess, there will be someone out there, who just has to have a "Gosnak"-Red Star and will buy this for this price.

Gerd

Here's a few I picked up some years ago...not in the same league but still nice and early awards. I don't know if it is playing tricks (i.e they cost more so should look better) but these earlier wards seemed to have a far better enamel surfaces.

Chris