News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

East African medals?

I have a couple of medals from East Africa that may be fakes and would like some one to tell me  if that is the case or are they real? thank you. the first one i had to clean as you could not see anything  when i got it.

DSCN1637.JPG

DSCN1603.JPG

DSCN1605.JPG

DSCN1636.JPG

The medal is a an official commemorative issued  medal for the 1904-1907 miltary campaign in German South West Africa ( not East Africa!) .It is the silver medal issued to non combattants .I my opinion it is an original one .

The pinback badge was ian unofficial commemorative badge made  after WW1 ,in the Weimar Republic period of Germany ,to all that saw miltary servicein the old Colonies ( not just East Africa) Also known as the "Elephat Order".It was not issued but had to be bought .In my opinion the one uou have pictured is a copy.

5 hours ago, piekenier said:

The medal is a an official commemorative issued  medal for the 1904-1907 miltary campaign in German South West Africa ( not East Africa!) .It is the silver medal issued to non combattants .I my opinion it is an original one .

The pinback badge was ian unofficial commemorative badge made  after WW1 ,in the Weimar Republic period of Germany ,to all that saw miltary servicein the old Colonies ( not just East Africa) Also known as the "Elephat Order".It was not issued but had to be bought .In my opinion the one uou have pictured is a copy.

Thank you the medal pictured is made of brass not silver so would that make it a fake??

On 2/3/2017 at 16:46, piekenier said:

Thank you the medal pictured is made of brass not silver so would that make it a fake??Do not be sorry if any then me. I should have said it was brass and the ring is nonexistent and i have one other that was so covered in crude that you could not read it. if they are real then what would be the correct rbbon for them?and thank you very much for your help. Ray

DSCN1643.JPG

DSCN1644.JPG

DSCN1646.JPG

DSCN1649.JPG

The second one you have only shown the one side of ,with the eagle and serpent ,is also of brass? It is the combattants medal for the China Rebellion " Boxer Wars",issued to German Troops that fought in China.It is real in my opinion.