News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Karageorge first class box

A month ago at an auction I bought this empty rear box, for Karageorge first class still in good condition .but I was surprised that I didn't find any hallmark in side the box of the manufacturer !!! Some of my friends think is a FRANCE made some think is Swiss !! Can I have yours opinions pls ???IMG_1004.thumb.JPG.b6271831b6ecd85e0b6447dc790ec76c.JPGIMG_1003.thumb.JPG.0f2f2533915090d30d32e1c5a9bfa434.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

• 4 months later...

I have slight doubts. locks are completely different, apart there are two of them instead of one in the AB box. It could be earlier version, or maybe even the prewar. They paid much more attention in later times to small details.

Once again great find!

Good eye, I didn't pay attention to that detail.
    Above mentioned Bertrand's order awarded to Korošec in 1919 is placed in box with two locks.
    On the page 295 of the same book we can see Huguenin's first class order in very similar box with one lock.
    I might be wrong but the first class set from live auctions looks more like Bertrand's product, at least to me.
    I've been going through photos of GC Huguenin boxes and all of them I came across in the last 15 minutes had one lock.