News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OTTOMAN TURKISH ORDER & MEDAL RIBBONS TABLE prepared by M.DEMIR ERMAN

demir

Here is the table for Ottoman Turkish Order and Medal Ribbons. prepared by me.

I used mainly Mr. Metin Erüreten's  Ottoman Orders and Medal book to find out colors of the ribbons.

Of course some of them I already have in my collection.

I also will include 3 hard to find ribbon photos. (Şefkat Nişanı-Orders of Charity, Hareket-i Arz - Eartquake and Tahlisiye - Life Saving Medal 4 or more)

Hope these will help  

Regards

Demir

Ottoman Turkish Order and Medal ribbons by Demir ERMAN i.png

the order of charity.jpg

earthquake.jpg

Life saving 4 or more.jpg

Edited by demir

Many thanks Demir for taking the time to create this most useful ( and fully bilingual! ) chart. As a budding collector of Ottoman campaign medals I have already found it both informative and very convenient.

All the Best,

Mark

Hi Mr.Demir,

I have discovered this forum a couple of days ago. I felt like I found a treasure here. So sophisticated information and great help from you as I have read so far.

I say hello to everyone by the way, as a grandson of a Turkish soldier Col. Ahmet Nasır Vurgeç who had served Ottoman and Turkish Army during his life time. 

I will try to share my historic belongings and documents as soon as I can.

Best wishes.

• 3 months later...
    On 21/04/2017 at 20:48, Historian said:

Hi Mr.Demir,

I have discovered this forum a couple of days ago. I felt like I found a treasure here. So sophisticated information and great help from you as I have read so far.

I say hello to everyone by the way, as a grandson of a Turkish soldier Col. Ahmet Nasır Vurgeç who had served Ottoman and Turkish Army during his life time. 

Best wishes.

Hi Historian

having just joined myself....

I welcome you

treasure indeed and it keeps getting better!

tony

• 5 months later...
    On 4/21/2017 at 22:48, Historian said:

Hi Mr.Demir,

Best wishes.

Hello,

Why don't you join our Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/osmanlimadalyalari/

Regards

Demir

Thanks for this great work. Very helpful.

Here some improvement suggestions:

1. Over the white ribbon for the life saving medal the english text is incorrect. Should be "Life saving 3rd time"
    2. Could you change the colour of the background to be in contrast to the white ribbons. It is hard to differ between Background and ribbon.

Kind regards

Alex

Edited by jaba1914

• 3 years later...

Hello Demir,

great work, Thank you for sharing it! I am very impressed, that the the osmanic state did have different ribbons for life saving medals regarding the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th deed. Do you happen to know, if there ever was a recipient of the Tahlisiye4? That would be very interesting to know!

Edited by BlackcowboyBS

• 2 years later...
    On 31/03/2021 at 05:10, BlackcowboyBS said:

Hello Demir,

great work, Thank you for sharing it! I am very impressed, that the the osmanic state did have different ribbons for life saving medals regarding the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th deed. Do you happen to know, if there ever was a recipient of the Tahlisiye4? That would be very interesting to know!

I agree Thanks