News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Awards of the new Russian National Guard

TacHel

NationalGuardRussia.png.15f0a6459d57bb313d465e2c6aa54ec4.png

It was just a matter of time.  Following the dissolution of the Internal Troops (VV MVD) and establishment of the Russian National Guard on April 5, 2016 by decree of the President of the Russian Federation № 157, new departmental awards were created by Order of the National Guard of Russia № 50 of February 14, 2017.  I'm presently translating the lenghty document and am already at work producing a new Wiki page.  Here's a teaser below...

58e163b48bd49_NationalGuardRussiadecoration.png.defb1619407de99310b3bfd630230faa.png

Above - Honoured Fellow of the National Guard of Russia (highest departmental award).

58e162d7c09bb_nationalguardmedals.jpg.267efa61da0e0a65544b731910a3a80d.jpg

Left - Medal "For Distinction in Combat".  Center - Decoration "For Distinction in Service".  Right - Medal "For Service in Strengthening Law Enforcement".

Edited by TacHel

A preview of more to come, these are the new long service awards for 10, 15 and 20 years of service within the new Russian National Guard.

58e1b822a4e32_RFNGlongservicemedals.thumb.jpg.bd0c54382fedf0f722ef80c450fc1760.jpg

A few more...  

Left - Medal "For Valour" 2nd class (the 1st class is gilt and with a single central red stripe in the blue half of the ribbon.

Center - Medal "Veteran of Service" for 25 years of service.

Right - Medal "For the Promotion of the National Guard"

58e1b9b9f21e2_RFNGvariousmedals.thumb.jpg.79fa7b42ad2dd6478b31f2925bd6795b.jpg

11 hours ago, Egorka said:

The medals are multiplying like mushrooms after rainy summer day. :D

I'll be honest with you...  I almost started crying when I saw this...  I'm seriously considering going back to collecting beer labels! :cheers: 

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Frank, I think we should recommend you for the Medal "For the Promotion of the National Guard"  - as you are busy telling the medal-loving world about it!

My bosses would L-O-O-O-O-V-E to get a phone call from the Russian consulate informing them I was being decorated by them... :o I'd probably lose my security clearance and get water boarded! :wacky:

Oh by the way...  Have a looksee here: CLICK HERE TO WIKI PAGE

22 hours ago, Jerry T said:

Is there any way for a Russian not to win any medals? This is getting just too ridiculous.

Actually, it's pretty much the same in the USA...  Look at the different service awards then add all of the states' National Guard awards, ROTC, etc...  Those 2 countries really do love their bling! :)

Edited by TacHel

6 hours ago, TacHel said:

My bosses would L-O-O-O-O-V-E to get a phone call from the Russian consulate informing them I was being decorated by them... :o I'd probably lose my security clearance and get water boarded! :wacky:

Oh by the way...  Have a looksee here: CLICK HERE TO WIKI PAGE

We can skip the call if you wish and just show up at your place for the ceremony. Please, memorise the Russian anthem before next Tuesday. 

The Wiki page is charming. :beer:

Wiki page is magnificiently informative... and bodes fair to distract me from current activities (Malawi on my site and US National Guard and British Campaign Medals on the OMSA site if you must know!).

• 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 6 months later...