News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I found two crossbelt plates :-)

Rick64

Sometime ago at auction I came across a locked Georgian celleret which rattled a bit when moved indicating something inside , intrigued I purchased the item , upon unlocking the celleret at home inside was a bunch of items . Pick of the crop was a George III pattern gorget in pristine condition and two crossbelt plates . One to the Morfe Loyal Volunteers and the other to Morfe & Royal Oak Volunteers . Thought I'd share them on here if only to inspire others to never give up dreaming of finding such treasures . 

Cheers Rick

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

Excellent!  Now you'll have us all cruising the antique shops looking [and listening] for 'rattle-y' boxes!  Lovely condition on what I suspect are two fairly rare belt plates.  In favt, you might want to try and get a valuation and stow them soewhere safe!

Edited by peter monahan

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments guys , shall stuff them away for retirement I think , my once in a lifetime stroke of luck , probably won't get this lucky again but that won't stop me looking . Not a lot of info out there on the Morfe Loyal Vols or the Morfe & Royal Oak Vols but found this link here :

https://janealisonsmithdaily.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/volunteer-buttons/

Happy hunting :-) 

• 4 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...