News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

9th Lancers Victorian Czapka

I managed to acquire this other ranks review order czapka for the 9th ( Queen's Royal ) Lancers on Ebay.  It has a Victorian plate, so it is pre-1902 issue.

Bob S

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0009 (1).JPG

IMG_0008 (2).JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0010 (2).JPG

Yes it looks like a good Victorian badge and czapka........

You really have to be careful as there is a company in a country on the sub-continent that is reproducing these. even down to the wear and tear......

But saying that this one looks good with the proper signs of age......

Mike

• 1 year later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    On 29/07/2018 at 03:36, lancer1856 said:

Lion Boss to the rear shouldn't be there, plate looks a different colour to the other metal parts it may be gilded so would be a SNCO,S if it gilded  looks to be a nice cap

I believe the plate may well be that of a SNCO; perhaps he attached the boss as a personal affectation. It's been on there a long time.