News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medals for generals...

TacHel

I usually try to avoid such comments but the last few months have shown me such personal restraint is stupid...  The 4 latest medals of the Russian Defence Ministry are made for generals...

- 24 Nov 2016 - Order 770 - Medal "Veteran of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation" for 25 years of service if previously awarded higher ministerial or state decorations (not specifically for senior and flag officers but they'll all get it).

- 30 Nov 2016 - Order 780 - Medal "Marshal of the Soviet Union A.M. Vasilevsky" awarded specifically to officers of the General Staff...

- 10 May 2017 - Order 222 - Medal "Army General Shtemenko" awarded to officers of the General Staff and to military and civilian personnel of the organs of organisational mobilisation...

- 24 May 2017 - Order 250 - Medal "100 Years of the Moscow Higher Combined Arms Command School" awarded to cadre personnel and people who assisted the school (wait for it, half the general staff will get it).

Also of note: the ribbon of the Medal "Veteran of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation" has been modified to only include a single black stripe in the yellow field vice the 2 original ones usually reserved for commemorative awards.  The Medal "100 Years of the Moscow Higher Combined Arms Command School", although clearly a commemorative piece, has a single black stripe in the yellow field of its ribbon.  

:speechless:

You can see these latest additions here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awards_and_emblems_of_the_Ministry_of_Defence_of_the_Russian_Federation#Medals

It is just an asymmetrical intelligence strategy. The amount of resources used in CIA to figure it all out is eating  3,14% of their budget. And they are still lagging...

2 hours ago, Egorka said:

It is just an asymmetrical intelligence strategy. The amount of resources used in CIA to figure it all out is eating  3,14% of their budget. And they are still lagging...

So I should stop divulging my research and let the CIA err?  I don't think it'll be necessary, Trump will probably abolish it any day now...

• 2 months later...