So excuse my ignorance, am I right in thinking then that these Badges are completely unauthourised for wear according to Army regulations but tolerated at Unit Level or by individual Commanders?

Simon

Here again the bavarian tinnies and the austrians worn  or could have been worn by german troops

4th row

austrian 1st army ; austrian 2nd army ; austrian 3rd army ; austrian 4th army ; austrian 7th army ; bulgarian zsar Ferdiand ; tukish XV.corps

3rd row

21st corps ; corps Marshall ; german Südarmee ; Erzherzog Carl ; Armee Pflanzer ; Corps Hadfy ; XII.Corps

2nd row

11th army ; Heeregsruppe Mackensen ; Heeresgruppe Mackensen (german script) ; Heeresgruppe Mackensen (cyrillic script) ; Heeresgruppe Mackensen (ottoman script) ; Heeresgruppe Böhm-Ermolli ; Korps Hoffmann

1st row

bav. 8th Res.Div. ; bav. 10.Inf.Div. ; bav. 11.Inf.Div. ; 215.Inf.Div. ; Korps Kühne ; Armeeabteilung Woyrsch ; 47.Res.Div.

Verbandsabzeichen.jpg

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Hello Fritz!

Great collection!!!! Which one is the Mackensen one at bottom right, please? German, bulgarian or turkish badge?

Turkish. A fluke find cheaper than most German or Bulgarian. I traded it off for something better. I'm shooting pics of the updated Kappenabzeichen, since I now have K.B. 10. Inf. Div. at last.

2 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Lucky guy! The turkish one was the most expensive badge in my collection. For several weeks I only had bread and water...

For me it left me eating as usual, but I flipped it in a trade for something else that would have had me on peanut butter sandwiches for a month. 

Here is what I have currently. The three at the bottom are post-WWI Verein (one for kb 10.IR, which is the primary regiment I collect). I recently bought the 22 Schuetzen. Div because of the Bavarian button design, and see they were in the same Korps, but I was uncertain past that if any Bavarians would have been wearing it.

trays (5).JPG

15 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Very nice, indeed! What´s the one bottom left. "Flieger"?

I try to collect only those, which could have been worn by german troops. Sometimes I have photos, sometimes it´s juts a guess...

Found this image for sale, and with Chip we deduced the badges as shown: 

Bay Flieger mit Kappenabzeichen, Leib Friedensrock.jpg

18893439_1796427694005076_2177731084517091954_n.jpg