News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

japanese document

mickey

hi all just wondering if this document is related to the imperial army airforce not looking for a translation but if anyone could pick up anything related to the airforce it would be appreciated it comes with a series of detailed japanese military maps

599606215 (2).jpg

I don't think any usual visitors to the forum can answer your question, so I will answer it though I generally do not post here.

That paper tells how a father in the navy named his newly born son "Shinji Yoshizawa" after a naval event. As the child's birthday of 5th October happened to be the launching ceremony date in 1916 of Japan's top two destroyers, the Amatsukaze and Isokaze, he took the number 2 from the two ships and first kanji from the Launch Ceremony to name his son. All very hardcore navy stuff and nothing of army aviation, sorry.

Edited by Nick Komiya