News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

South Australia Police , Quorn 1930's

Quorn is a township located in the Flinders Ranges in South Australia and would I believe have been policed in the 1930's by the South Australia Police. I have a small set of snapshot style photographs showing the Quorn Police and would like to share them here.

The first photograph is dated to the reverse 26/3/35 and shows five Members of the Force outside the Circuit Court,

SUNP0259.JPG

The reverse with the names of those shown.

SUNP0261.JPG

The next photograph shows Sergeant Loughlin and is dated 20/9/33

SUNP0262.JPG

And the reverse.

SUNP0263.JPG

This photograph is again dated 20/9/33 and shows a uniformed Constable standing outside the Police Station.

SUNP0264.JPG

The reverse.

SUNP0265.JPG

The next photograph is unmarked but appears to show the same Man as before this time mounted on horseback.

SUNP0270.JPG

However being from the 1930s era the onset of mechanization is becoming apparent.

SUNP0271.JPG

The last photograph of this small set is dedicated to the Constables Mother and shows him standing in front of his bed space.

SUNP0272.JPG

Reverse.

SUNP0273.JPG

Here is a link detailing the history of the South Australia Police 

http://www.sapolicehistory.org/

Best regards Simon