News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian Goldenes Militär-Verdienstkreuz.

Hello.
    I have today received the NCO bar.
    In the medals lot,was this golden military merit cross.
    I know it is not original, but I would like to know if it is a modern copy
    or one of the so-called "Ordenspange Stueck",so a replacement medal for the medals bar is.
    Thanks, any opinion and comment is welcome.
    Best regards, jannis

IMG_20170710_090721.jpg

IMG_20170710_090739.jpg

The crown is absolutely horrible and the details on the rest of it is sloppy.  Not something that I would expect to see from a European jeweler.

• 3 years later...

This is a very common, possibly the most common type of the MVK to appear on the market. It is my firm opinion those are, despite they're often offered as such, absolutely no old wearers' copies, but 1980s(?) so called museum copies by Göde (that's not Godet!), a German firm similar to The Franklin Mint. So, more or less, this is teleshopping stuff!

On German ebay, they are sometimes even to be found with their original "certificates", like this one: https://www.ebay.de/itm/224121075537

Edited by saschaw