News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question regarding Fortress Engineers sleeve patch

Hi,

There is a section in Angolia's Die Kriegsmarine - Uniforms and Traditions vol.2 regarding sleeve insignia worn by KM Navy Fortress Engineers (see scan).

My question is: Was this the exact same insignia worn by Heer Fortress Engineers? If I remember correctly the Heer patches were machine-embroidered golden artificial silk on a bluish dark green cloth as well. I have included a scan of a patch as well. Is it the Heer or KM version.

Cheers,

Larry

img196.jpg

img29990.jpg

Hi Morten,

Thanks for the scan of your book. It has some very good information in it. I see both Heer and KM used the "FP" insignia.

There is no mention of the "W' (Walloberfeldwebel) insignia in your book.

Here is another chart showing Heer specialty patches. The Walloberfeldwebel is included.

According to Angolia this insignia was worn by both branches of the Wehrmacht.

Cheers,

Larry

Untitledq1.jpg

Hi Morten,

Thanks for showing the other page. This confirms that Heer units used the patch but did KM units use it as well.

According to Angolia's other book they did.

Cheers,

Larry

15 minutes ago, LarryT said:

Hi Morten,

Thanks for showing the other page. This confirms that Heer units used the patch but did KM units use it as well.

According to Angolia's other book they did.

Cheers,

Larry

I agree.Have You Eduardo New book? Look at page 129.

Best,Morten.

• 1 month later...

Hello Larry!

The new KM Book to Eduardo describes the mark as Field-Gray or Dark Green Base 5.5 cm. Is it the light that makes your mark look like the base is a shade blue? The marks shown in Eduardo's book page 129 have a slightly different shape to the letters and have a wider spacing between the homes than the one you display but Variations occur!

Best,Morten.