News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all, another request for identification, I came across this image, but can't identify who it is, looks fairly distinguished with an impressive medal array, any one got any ideas who he may be? secondly, the last medal on the bar, for some reason I've got it in my head that it's the Order of Henry the Lion, however reading other threads, the swords were only positioned at the bottom of the medal or later crossed through the centre, (Not the top), am I barking up the wrong tree?

regards

Alex K

rack.JPG

unknown copy.JPG

Hello!

It´s an interesting photo!

To me (I´m not sure for 100%) it could be an adjutant of one of the royal princes.

But why does he wear his busby lines on his left side???????

Edited by The Prussian

Hi Andy, no other info but it does seem fairly common to wear on the left side, some images from a colonial uniforms website, and a British Victorian uniform

0f55204e76a5d9200abe1e45b4e0a2ec--british-uniforms-major-general.jpg

Lettow2.jpg

Lossnitzer2.jpg

uBildrkb3a.jpg

Edited by Alex K

Hi Alex!

That can be true. I ain´t got so much knowledge about those lines, but the officers clothing-regulation says:

Das Achselband (über etwaigem Ordensband bzw. der Adjutantenschärpe zu tragen) gehört für die General-Adjutanten, Generale à la suite und Flügel-Adjutanten zu jeder Anzugsart und Uniform."

That means, the busby-line was worn over the medals ("über Ordensband zu tragen").

That´s for General-Adjutants, Generals à la suite and Wing-Adjutants. The same counts for Adjutants of the royal princes

Edited by The Prussian

I checked your photo again. It´s a parade-home-uniform for colonial-troops with the typically collar!

If we´d know, when the photo was taken, I could check the ranklists. His rank is Major.

Edited by The Prussian