Jump to content

Leib Guard Bravery medals group


Recommended Posts

I have these medals ( without XII years cross and without spanish cross ) 

image.jpeg

russian cross of st. George number 29968

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In 1972 y. 20 Austrian soldiers receive st. George crosses , but in russian archive we have only four names. 

image.jpeg

 

May be I can receive Information from some austrian book or archive ? 

Thank you ! :beer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Igor Ostapenko said:

I have these medals ( without XII years cross and without spanish cross ) 

image.jpeg

russian cross of st. George number 29968

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

In 1972 y. 20 Austrian soldiers receive st. George crosses , but in russian archive we have only four names. 

image.jpeg

 

May be I can receive Information from some austrian book or archive ? 

Thank you ! :beer:

Hi Igor, are you sure with the date 1972?

I think it should be 1872.

Kind regards

Andreas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Igor,

a possibility would be to contact the war archives in vienna

http://www.oesta.gv.at/site/7817/default.aspx

kapost@oesta.gv.at    

Maybe they are able to help you with your cross.

 

Which book do you use?

I am looking for a german recipient from the Germen French war 1870 / 71

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/68973-george-cross-4th-class/#comment-639468

Every help appreciated.

Kind regards

Andreas

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Igor,

a possibility would be to contact the war archives in vienna

http://www.oesta.gv.at/site/7817/default.aspx

kapost@oesta.gv.at    

Maybe they are able to help you with your cross.

 

Which book do you use?

I am looking for a german recipient from the Germen French war 1870 / 71

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/68973-george-cross-4th-class/#comment-639468

Every help appreciated.

Kind regards

Andreas

Andreas, 

In all books Information from this roll, 

and hier no names of soldiers - only "for austrians" , 

4 names from 20 :( 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

 

" may 1874" 

image.jpeg

 

 

 

Februar 1874 - visit of Imperator Franz Joseph to Russia ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Igor,

but this book has a lot of pages, is it possible

to get access to this book?

Another possibility for your cross could be the Regimentsgeschichte

from this regiment, if such one exists.

Regards
Andreas

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dedehansen said:

Hi Igor,

but this book has a lot of pages, is it possible

to get access to this book?

Another possibility for your cross could be the Regimentsgeschichte

from this regiment, if such one exists.

Regards
Andreas

No Information In russian archive ... 

I sent email to Austrian :) 

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪ 

Spanish silver cross of Order of Isabelle established in 1903. 

in 1903 few austrians receive Prussian medal of Order of Red Eagle - 

Fortunatus Klun, Hof-Saal-Kammerdiener, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Adolf Zimmerman, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Thomas Drozda, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Franz Fahnier, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Josef Kramlinger, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Josef Blaha, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903

Georg Schögl, Hof-Saal-Türhüter, Saaldienst, Obersthofmeister Staab, Austria Hungary; awarded 1903 

Information from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Red_Eagle#Medal_for_Enlisted_Men

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Blog Comments

    • Lapsang Souchong, when i first tasted this I thought it was like stale cigarette ends...it's an acquired taste for sure.  
    • I like my tea strong enough for my spoon to stand up in. My father got me into it. When my father was at RAF Dum Dum 1943-47 most of his fellow officers drank ice cold drinks to mitigate  the heat, his Sikh batman warned him against it and said that strong hot tea would cool him down, most certainly did. So years later in the UK when everybody else was drinking iced drinks on a baking day the wood family was inbibing copious quantities of hot strong brews of Assam's finest. P
    • Hi ccj, Thanks for your comments. Funny how, for me at least, coffee has become a habit more than a conscience choice. It's the old, "Well if you having one (coffee) pour me as well". When I get together with my son-in-law, a former Brit, it's tea all the way. Thanks again. Regards Brian  
    • I live and grew up in the south (USA) and the drink of choice 7 days a week was cold sweet tea. I was unaware Lipton was British because that’s what most southern use for brewing tea. When I joined the army I learned most people in the north and western parts of the USA drank unsweetened tea and that was perplexing to my young brain. Now days I can’t stand sweet iced tea but it’s still the most common drink in the south, but, you can get unsweetened ice tea in the south. Im familiar with ho
    • I drink tea every day (Chinese tea), I used to buy Sri Lankan black tea at the fair before, it was great! I have been reluctant to drink them all. . The tea I’m talking about is just brewing water, not adding other substancesI
×
×
  • Create New...