Bulgarian Orders and Medals - Bulgaria Book Catalog

Bulgaria Book Catalog "Bulgarian Orders and Medals" 2nd edition

Just published Bulgarian Book Catalog "Bulgarian Orders and Medals", 2nd revised edition. The book comes with a price catalog. 

The book has parallel text in Bulgarian and English or in Bulgarian and Russian languages. 

The description of the Bulgarian Orders and Medals presented in this book in parallel with the documentation for establishment and publications, were used private collections, awards kept by the families, certificates, boxes and other direct or indirect material evidencing of the existence of different issues and modifications, connected with historical periods, various artists, designers, mints etc.

Making this into a separate topic with more scans, see prior mentioning here:

Two versions were published:

1) Bulgarian-English,

2) Bulgarian-Russian

Hard cover - 575 pages, large format 33*23,5*5 cm, plenty of awesome illustrations (see below).

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0292.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0296.JPG

On history of awards and deep dive into actual awards

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0298.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0300.JPG

DSC_0301.JPG

More on Royal period awards

DSC_0302.JPG

DSC_0303.JPG

DSC_0304.JPG

DSC_0305.JPG

People's Republic period awards

DSC_0306.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0309.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

DSC_0312.JPG

Bulgarian-English cover

DSC_0290.JPG

• 3 years later...
Posted (edited)

hi Igor,

It seems quite reasonably priced at only 22.30 Euro.

It looks like the books can be ordered here:

https://bgknigite.com/shop/орденът-за-храброст-сред-отличият/?v=a112b4dbca96

Seller accepts PayPal and other forms of payment (bank, etc.).

I am a bit confused on the area this book covers - the title makes it sound like it focuses on Bravery Order, but I see that 1st half is on other Bulgarian awards and last part is on modern Bravery order, which leaver around 70 something pages to cover actual Bravery Order from Royal times.

The books appears to have some material and photos from this forum.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this book!

Edited by new world

I received new book. 

I quickly went through the book and overall I like it. There are some interesting photos of the awards and documents that I never saw before.

The format of the book and design of the pages remind me of books by Petrov.