News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Legion Chapiri

Aldo

Hello Gents, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking forward to gaining some knowledge on some recent Spanish items I have begun collecting. I generally collect WWII German artifacts but have recently branched out into the Spanish civil war and other Franco era items. The latest addition to my collection is this beautiful Spanish Legion cap.  It's construction is similar to a  civil war era Falange forage cap I have in my collection in that it's made of a felt or some type of lightweight wool material. The embroidered emblem depicts a Battle Axe with a Cross Bow and Musket type pistol over a Crown. It's missing a chinstrap which I believe would be attached by buttons on the side as in it's modern day equivalent. There is an ink stamp on the band but unfortunately I can't read it. I believe it to be civil war period but it may date later in to the 1940's. Any forum member that may have a better idea of it's age, please feel free to post your opinion.

DSCF8303.JPG

DSCF8305.JPG

DSCF8306.JPG

Some more photo's

DSCF8318.JPG

DSCF8304.JPG

DSCF8310.JPG

DSCF8320.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hello Boris, I would like to thank you for the detailed explanation and apologize for such a late response. Truth be told, I post mostly on the warrelics forum but tried this forum because there was not much experience with Spanish militaria on the other site. After about a month with no response on this forum I assumed it was inactive and really never checked back until today. I thank you for clarifying the cap question for me. Since this initial post I have amassed a large Spanish collection and plan on posting it here. Your input will always be appreciated. here is a sample of my collection to date.

Thanks, Al

DSCF0604.JPG

DSCF0614.JPG

DSCF0159.JPG

DSCF0177.JPG

DSCF8734.JPG