News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with binoculars

Hello!

I´ve got a Hensoldt 8x30 of the 50s. It was made for the french army (stamped: Armée Francaise)

Now I need both "Okularringe". I don´t know the english word for it. Maybe eyepieces?

Does someone know, where I can get them, please?

P1010001.JPG

P5090001.JPG

Edited by The Prussian

I'd suggest you contact/visit a good optics shop - some place which sells telescopes, bicoulars and so on.  They can likely measure the exact dimensions - diameter and thread pitch - of what you need and provide you with either the eyepieces or a place to order them.  However, I agree with Bayern that it may be tricky, as parts for old optics are not that common. :(

Hello Peter!

Yes, I´ve about that the piecec are rare. I asked different optc shops, but the prices they wanted to charge were so ***** high, that I could buy a complete one...

Like I said, I don´t want an 100% original one, because I don´t collect binoculars, I just need it, when we visit some battlefields.

Hi The Prussian 

just a thought, it's a long shot though...

but perhaps if it's just the actual glass lens' you need? Maybe these on eBay have the same size? 

IMG_2572.thumb.PNG.4bb540f518935bd8a9d74de1d06a79cf.PNG

As I said... long shot!

Best of luck with your search

tony