News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My two latest ones. The first one is an interesting, understatement style with EK2, Bavaria, Sachsen-Meiningen and Lippe. I would guess a junior officer's bar.

File3887.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

GREAT bar, when silver Xs were actually still REAL silver. I'd say a staff Hauptmann, wartime. :jumping:

Here's the second one, which I got from Stogie. Can't prove it, but my feeling is that this is also an officer's bar. No long service, and golden Hindenburg swords. The combination (Bremen and Mecklenburg) would suggest Navy (only possibility: char. KorvKap (1919) Brunswig -> Rick, what became of him?), but the BACK looks rather like army.

Now of course I cannot rule out that there might be (E)-officers with this combination who were recalled in 1935. But judging from the Reichsheer, the combination is rare. Actually, there is only one who qualifies, and it would really be nice if it were him:

Hans-Adolf von Arenstorff (1895-1952)

Entered army 8.08.1914, Leutnant 8.05.1915 and ended the war with that rank. Remained in RH service, reached Major 1.12.1935, Oberstleutnant 1.01.1939, Oberst 1.11.1941, and ultimately made Generalmajor 1.01.1943 as Brigade Commander in - Stalingrad (!). Captured there, he died in Soviet captivity. DKiG on 14.01.1942.

It could have been his bar ca. 1935/1936, before the new LS awards came out. An early photo of v. Arenstorff would be much appreciated!

File3882_1.jpg

Edited by webr55

• 3 years later...
    • 4 months later...
    On 06/04/2006 at 18:31, webr55 said:

My two latest ones. The first one is an interesting, understatement style with EK2, Bavaria, Sachsen-Meiningen and Lippe. I would guess a junior officer's bar.

File3887.jpg

Another one?

IMG_9588 - Kopie.jpg

IMG_9587 - Kopie.jpg

Edited by Nicolas7507