News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Mixed Bavarian and Alpenkorps stuff....

8 minutes ago, spolei said:

Very  fine Jäger-collection.
    :thumbup:

I have just missed some great Jäger stuff. A collector about 20km from aschaffenburg had a fantastic collection, including some of the finest Jäger stuff i have seen. He decided he had reached an age to stop collecting. I am sure he knew many collectors who would have loved to have kept many of the items here in the area but he basically offered nothing to anyone and sold it all to a major dealer... including the Jäger stuff :-(

Yup.... the collection will be premiered there....

I just hope like hell that the names are kept with the items.

He had so many items directly from the original wearer with the histories of the men and stories about them.... just the kind of stuff that dealers cannot keep track of.

Basically the collector killed the history behind many of his items.

It depends on what you buy. In this case it was alpenkorps Jäger delight... Bavarian Jäger, 10. Jäger and 14. Jäger.... I could have afforded them from the collector (maybe)... but they are top premium items in almost mint condition (Uniforms and Tchakos)... I will not be able to afford them from Weitze as they will be top price... but someone earning more than me will buy them because you will never see that quality and in that condition again... it is all relative to your budget.

My experiance has often been walking around a show with my bag of things to trade or sell, going to all the collector-Dealers and smaller dealers and having to hear from all of them why my prices are way more than they would ever pay... then landing at the Weitze table and getting almost what I asked without any big discussion...

Its a double edged sword ;-)

• 3 months later...