News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR Stasi Tunics and insignia

ehrentitle,

Thank you for your compliment! I bet you have some great stuff!

Larry,

Thank you for posting your insignia. Those boards are great! I believe that the Cheveron indicates longivity in the service. All branches wore this.

Regards

Paul

NCO Candidate? might have this confused with officer candidate.

These are for the officer candidate school. The silver bar represents a first year student, two bars second year, and so on.

Edited by ehrentitle

• 9 months later...

Hi KGS,

Could you please post a close up of the ribbon bar on the tunic you have posted in post #15?

Regards

Paul

Paul,

Uniform as long been sold. This was one of the last ones I bought from Bob Gowen in 1992. Ribbon bar isn't correct. Ribbons were a mix of NVA and Fire Fighter. Back then know one really knew what all the ribbons were. I gave $ 75 for the uniform with the ribbon bar, hat, shirt, tie, belt. And he told me it was all original.

A service tunic from the MfS with very early collar boards type '57 ; dressing pocket inside ; zigzag stitching underneath collar ; small loop above breast pocket for interimspange (too sad the second loop is missing) ... shoulder boards are post '71 ones frown.gif

The fabric is quite light... maybe a summer tunic ...

Pants are dated 1960 !!

Enjoy !!

image1gu4.jpg

image2he4.jpg

• 3 years later...