News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Documents and Awards presented to Heinz Krüger

Gentlemen,

I have some of the documents and awards presented to Heinz Krüger. The awards indicate he appears to be your average East German citizen. The first document is dated 30.4.1958 and advises Heinz that he has been awarded the "Tag der Aktivivten". Note that in the centre of the card the logo is for the current 5 year plan. There is also an English translation of what it says on the card as well as  pictures of the award. The picture of the award is from my files. I do not have his actual award. I have also included a link to a wiki article about the SED the organization that made the award.

Dear comrade Heinz Krüger

For your award of the "Day of the Activists" we send you our best congratulations and further successes in your cooperation with the Central Committee of the SED.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social...rty_of_Germany 

DSC06147.JPG

Aktivist-des-Fuenfjahrplans.jpg

Aktivist-des-Fuenfjahrplans_b2.jpg

The next award to Heinz that I have in my collection is for the "Verdienstemedaille der Deutschen Demokratischen Replublik. The first document is his invitation to the ceremony where this award will be presented to him. It will take place on the 10th anniversary of the founding of the DDR at 9 am on the 3rd of October, 1959. That will be followed by the award certificate, in it's mappe, and the case award.  The document that unfortunately was damaged when the envelope it was contained in was sealed. Also below is a picture of the Ausweis authorizing Heinz to wear this award.

DSC06151.JPG

DSC06153.JPG

DSC06155.JPG

DSC06141.JPG

DSC06143.JPG

DSC06145.JPG

DSC06159.JPG

DSC06160.JPG

DSC06165.JPG

DSC06167.JPG

The last award I have for Heinz is the 
    "EHRENNADEL FÜR VERDIENSTTE UM DIE FREUDENSCHAFT DER VOLKER IN SILBER". This doc dates from much later in Hienz life. Berlin 15.12.1981. I'll start with the pictures of the mappe and document and the award itself.  The award is the larger type measuring 32mm. This size award was used from 1967 to 1987. It is made of bronze and coloured silver. Unlike the previously issued awards there is no enamel on this type. Since it was issued in the 80s it has the simplified, and last, type of pin attachment used in the DDR.

DSC06127.JPG

DSC06129.JPG

DSC06131.JPG

DSC06136.JPG

DSC06139.JPG