News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavia - Shinny IKOM orders

• Replies 80
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

On 22/08/2018 at 14:02, BalkanCollector said:

Recently I had an opportunity of buying an exact example as you've shown. It also came in a cellophane bag and with two ribbons. I met the seller in person and I held the item in my hands. It doesn't look that shiny in person to be honest. He claims that he bought 12kg of this order directly from IKOM back in the 90's. I don't see why would he lie about that since he is one of the biggest collectors I've met in person. Here is his site, he's got some impressive stuff. http://www.eu-militaria.com/

He also said that he bought experimental pieces from IKOM. For example Order of Brotherhood and Unity 3rd class which was never actually used since there were only two classes of this order, Order of War Flag etc. The photos of those experimental orders which you can see around the internet are actually his. Unfortunately he sold those orders years ago to someone in Russia if I'm not mistaken.

Here are the seller's photos:

1.thumb.JPG.9da1c42a70aa8c6c4d4694e89a7dcd46.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.d9eec4d09e621229360c46c86608e8eb.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.e549198ce7f25c399fa9600d291c9167.JPG

Almost all on that page is sold He doesn´t have it anymore.  Probably it is true that he bought big stash of medals and orders cause all big dealers from Zagreb bought it too. From IKOM, Jadran film and later they were buying Croatian medals and orders, buckets of them too.

I am not that familiar with Yugoslav orders but one thing I know for sure. People from IKOM are doing restrikes of all Croatian badges from Homeland war. Market is flooded with them and new collectors can´t say what are the real thing or restrikes.  i don´t know if this is IKOM´s chance to earn more money or few IKOM workers side gig.

So I wouldn´t be surprised if they are doing it with Yugoslav orders too 

20 minutes ago, Von Thronstahl said:

Almost all on that page is sold He doesn´t have it anymore.  Probably it is true that he bought big stash of medals and orders cause all big dealers from Zagreb bought it too. From IKOM, Jadran film and later they were buying Croatian medals and orders, buckets of them too.

I am not that familiar with Yugoslav orders but one thing I know for sure. People from IKOM are doing restrikes of all Croatian badges from Homeland war. Market is flooded with them and new collectors can´t say what are the real thing or restrikes.  i don´t know if this is IKOM´s chance to earn more money or few IKOM workers side gig.

So I wouldn´t be surprised if they are doing it with Yugoslav orders too 

Thank you for the information, much appreciated!

I didn't know that the IKOM workers are doing restrikes of the Homeland War badges. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the Yugoslav ones either.

2 minutes ago, BalkanCollector said:

Thank you for the information, much appreciated!

I didn't know that the IKOM workers are doing restrikes of the Homeland War badges. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the Yugoslav ones either.

I know for sure they are doing restrikes of badges but I am just guessing they could do it with YU orders too.

Few people I know were victims of these scammers.  They lost thousands of euros.  These scammers are all well known and much appreciated Croatian collectors. They are one of the reasons I stopped collecting Croatian badges.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like ZIN orders have also started to get shiny, well technically not as much shinny as odd. Look how terrible the backs of these Orders of Labour 3rd class look.

1.jpg.a018fd6eb15e0d8a135a0f6b5595b20e.jpg

2.jpg.d7699db9c7e4dd2884cd671f09aa8d42.jpg

Also here's some more shiny Orders for Merits for the people 2nd and 3rd class. Both are curently being auctioned on eMedals with a starting price of 100$.

3.jpg.dbd3a56325a58c085487a0f488e504f6.jpg

4.jpg.999431c92d58eca0c7490ef9b8644ab3.jpg