News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yes! Bavarian Jäger shoulder straps !

Some of you may have heard my moans.... a local collector with a world class collection is getting well on in years... he is old enough to have received many pieces directly from the WW1 veterans and if you had the honor of visiting his collection you just wanted to give up as you felt you would never achieve a fraction of what he has, so why bother...

Anyway, he chose to get rid of his collection in one fell swoop. No local collectors had a chance to make any offers, it all went to Helmut Weitze.

Due to the mass of items it was not possible to give the stories that accompany the pieces and a few were mislabeled... so looking through Weitze's update a noticed a few of the local Jäger items from his collection, and a pair of Jäger zu Pferde straps which I was sure I recognised...

Through I friend I contacted the collector who confirmed they were locally sourced boards from 2 Bay Jäger.... So I jumped on them....

They seem a tad wider than the late war boards, so I assume specially made for the NCO setup?2j1.thumb.jpg.938750c12724e5d48d516b1ae2087b9f.jpg2j4.thumb.jpg.aae206f07a8096f01967546bdba6ead4.jpg2j3.thumb.jpg.7262f57cc73f50abbc5045832bc64531.jpg

I was lucky enough to pick up these prewar green slip ons which Chip informed my are for the Greatcoat, and were worn in the field like this until at least 1915. Put alongside the earlier ones, I wonder if the ones with metal 2s were also for a greatcoat? From the size they could be greatcoat, but they are sew ins....sk2.thumb.jpg.a611bfc5572da3d0325b31c5821b9aba.jpgsk3.thumb.jpg.9487b2b424202bfdeaf3da45f3f799cb.jpg