News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saxon and Bavarian Schulterklappen--need to know I have them ID'd OK

I got this grouping and wanted to be sure I am identifying them properly. The officer board with green I presume is Saxon, but beyond that, clueless. Jäger, perhaps,, if I am not missing some other possibility. I gather a cypher or number would have really helped.

Bavarian 3 Landwehr or Reserve Infanterie? 

Beamter--anything special or specific?

I know the enlisted 20 is a simplified model.  Do the numbers seem to indicate Bavarian?

5a35f5c4cdd0e_Afront.thumb.jpg.18fcab1bfc54c540be4b58232e6c7a69.jpg

5a35f5c294572_Bback.thumb.jpg.cfbaa2fe07fe0a3b1054c46e884263c7.jpg

Vielen Dank!

Edited by Fritz die Spinne

Hello Fritz!

You´re right with the 3rd regiment. Reserve or Landwehr.

What is the base colour of the reverse of the bavarian Beamter? Red?

If red we have different officials...:  Administrator, Rendant, Kriegsgerichtsrat, Telegraphen-Oberbaurat and more...

Edited by The Prussian

Hallo Andy! Thanks.

Basically I am trying to ID these properly so I can choose what to keep or trade off/sell. 

The Beamter is dirty and deceptive with the original colour, but seems to be a burgundy velvet. I have a single Kragenspiegel I bought  in a close colour that Chip thought was General Staff,  The Beamter has more of what I would call a "dried blood version" of this colour:

General staff, perhaps.JPG

The Royal Bavarian Army was a independent one . their units were not numbered into the Reichsheer.at the beginning of WW1 numbered 4089 active officers , doctors , veterinarian and beamten. and 83125 NCOs and soldiers.It was organized with three Army Corps ,six Divisions .each division with four Infantry regiments . numbered apart . 

22 minutes ago, Bayern said:

General staff patches for M1910 uniform were crimson . a rather pinkish red . the patch that you shows is for me a General Staff one. 

That confirms what I was told. Thanks. 

Does the enlisted Feldgrau "20" strike you as Bavarian, or is it anyone's guess?

Fritz : Yes ,its possible .the Royal Bavarian Army at the beginning of the war numbered 23 line Infantry Regiments and the Leib Rgt . except the Leib ,all weared Shoulderboards with only the number in chainstitching as your SB.

• 2 weeks later...