News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commemorative Medal of the Partisans of 1941

4 hours ago, Kallarati Heroik said:

Do not clean your orders and medals.

More patina means more value.

And if you want to clean them, use only your fingers with Colgate.

Toothbrush leaves scratches on the piece.

Salut.

The tooth cleaning paste has more abrasives in it that the soft nylon bristles of a worn tooth brush does.

Although as a coin collector I will agree that any cleaning, other than acetone dips, is a big no-no.

• 11 months later...
    On 19/08/2019 at 18:03, BalkanCollector said:

I'm really getting addicted to Spomenice with booklets. My latest example belonged to an officer and political commissar in the 1st Dalmatian Proletarian Shock Brigade. He carved his initials (V.K.) on Spomenica's reverse. I've marked the initials with red circles. Judging by the photo in the booklet he was also an Infantry officer of the Yugoslav People's Army with most likely the rank of a Major.

1.thumb.jpg.4e3ecf740d45f71e9bb70ca5fa8760fa.jpg

A little update about the recipient of this Spomenica. He was born in Split, Croatia in 1920 and was an illegal worker for the partisan movement in his hometown. He was a member of the Communist Youth of Yugoslavia from 1936 and was imprisoned by both Kingdom of Yugoslavia authorities in 1938 and by Italian occupation forces in 1942 and he spent 3 months in prison. He was a commisar of company in Split Partisan Detachment, a commisar of company in 1st Dalmatian Brigade and finally a commisar of battalion in 8th Dalmatian (Šibenik) Brigade. His final rank in the army before the retirement was lieutenant colonel.