News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Add a saxon Mannschaftsstand DA and the bar is perfect.:)

A few years ago this bar stayed in my collection.

That`s not a Schaumburg ribbon. It has a smaller blue stripe.

Edited by ixhs

The ribbon is blue, not green. It came with the saxon LS medal but I don't think it is correct. I also looked at a possible Baltic Cross but the ribbon is not correct for that either.

The problem with these medal clips is that things can be removed, replaced etc at any time. The DA15 doesn't go on a blue ribbon.  The Schaumburg does and it is close enough to be a manufacturers variant.

2 hours ago, Leutwein said:

Hello all,

do we really have a FAM-ribbon? The ribbon looks like the saxon "Erinnerungkreuz" for 1866:

http://orden.100ossi100.bplaced.net/24a6bc96790dcbe01/24a6bc97a510ac401/index.html

The last ribbon could also stands for a swedish decoration!

best regards

Karsten

Agreed!

This is a pre-WWI large medal bar.  The first position should be an 1870/71 EKII, followed by the 1866 Sachsen Erinnerungkreuz (Campaign Cross), followed by a Saxon DA, followed by an 1870/71 campaign medal.  The last ribbon is interesting and definitely could be a Swedish decoration.  So, properly restored, back to the way it was, it could be much more interesting.

Then it has to be pre-Centennial/ 25 year Oaks. What 1870/1 campaign medal, fighter or stay at home steel?  I assume with the EK on Black/white ribbon it would be a bronze one.  Still not sure about the DA since the ribbon is blue.

27 minutes ago, dond said:

Then it has to be pre-Centennial/ 25 year Oaks. What 1870/1 campaign medal, fighter or stay at home steel?  I assume with the EK on Black/white ribbon it would be a bronze one.  Still not sure about the DA since the ribbon is blue.

Hello again Don:

The 1870/71 campaign medal would be bronze as this soldiers other awards were combat-related.  The DA ribbon does look more blue than green, but this is normal for these early ribbons.  I have seen this before concerning groups from this era.  Here is an example of an earlier-type DA ribbon that is somewhat similar in color:

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/24/Sachsen_Koenigreich_Landwehr_Dienstauszeichnung_II_Klasse_1874_1913__292524.html

Best regards,

• 1 month later...
    • 2 years later...
    On 27/03/2018 at 01:14, dond said:

So would this be a better representation?

Definitely better, but "no cigar". This type of long service decoration wasn't introduced until 1913, so wouldn't fit into an 1880s/1890s group. I would switch it for one of the older type medals, maybe this one currently on ebay, but there is no way to tell exactly which type, or which class the wearer actually had.

I also want to point out that the last ribbon, while it might have had the Swedish order, more likely belongs to another Saxon 1860s decoration: The Erinnerungskreuz an die Bundesexekution in Holstein 1863/64! Despite the precedence is a bit odd, it still seems a way better fit to me...

Edited by saschaw