News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with WWI trio - Cpl. L. TOMBLIN - Northamptonshire Regiment

Hi,

This is my first British WWI medal group. I got them in an auction and it is a typical "Pip, Squeak an Wilfred" group comprised by the 1914-1915 Star, the British War Medal and the Interallied Victory Medal. All of them are marked to Private (later Corporal) L. TOMBLIN, service number 15944,  from the North'n. R., which it seems to mean "Northamptonshire Regiment".

I would like to know if it is possible to add more information about this chap from the British War records.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas

WWI Trio - 1.jpg

WWI Trio - 2.jpg

WWI Trio - 3.jpg

WWI Trio - 4.jpg

Sorry, only just viewed this.

His Medal Index Card shows that Leonard Tomblin indeed served with the Regiment and is entitled to the Medals in your possession. He entered France as first theatre of war on 1st September 1915 and was discharged on 5th December 1918. He was also awarded the SWB Number B206140 for wounds received overseas and gives his date of enlistment as 7th September 1914.

Regards Simon.