News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

JMME Observer badge - good or bad?

The one and only TR qualification badge I've ever bought is this one.  Came with a original DD Luft helmet that the seller believed came from the same vet.  I've spent countless hours reading threads on these things and comparing my badge to the pics I've found, but I'm still unsure whether this is good or not.  

From what I gather, there seems to be some controversy as to whether this maker made observer badges (I think most say yes), and if they did, whether the badges were only marked "JMME" as opposed to "JMME&Sohn..."

I'd love some feedback on this.  I'm primarily a US Army Air Force collector and really a novice at best in this area.  Thanks for any thoughts anyone has! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi, Nack

A common fake, I'm afraid.

just looking at the front of the badge is enough...these fakers produced these badges from parts cast from various makers, stamped different maker marks on them and put them on the market as originals.

This one of yours has an Assmann eagle when it should have all the parts produced by Juncker and marked IMME.

Looking at a comparison of your badge and the eagle on an original Assmann Observer badge shows the total lack of detail of a cast copy of an original.

fake_comp.thumb.jpg.0b28f4eb4ba56c8571677622e1541220.jpg  

Bummer.  Thanks, though, John.  I really appreciate the explanation rather than the unhelpful comment of simply "fake" you get other places.  Live and learn!