News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of the Wendish Crown Knight's Cross

Hello Guys,

After seeing this Hausorden der Wendischen Krone Ritterkreuz recently I took the plunge and bought it. Having just  received it in the mail, It has left me with a couple of questions.

Firstly it was sold to me as a Gold version, from the pics it is a bit hard to judge but after weighing it I think it is a little too heavy to be gold as I would have expected a weight of around 21g from the reference I have. What do you think Gold or Silver Vergoldet?

Does any one have a Gold version they could weigh so that I might compare? Also I would have expected the ose to be gold but this one appears to be a replacement, would this be correct?

Lastly were the  Knight's Crosses made from 333 (8Kt) 585 (14kt) or 750 (18kT) Gold? so that I might get the right replacement ose

Any information would be gratefully received.

Mfg.

Alan

P1040169.JPG

P1040169.JPG

P1040173.JPG

P1040159.JPG

P1040160.JPG

P1040157.JPG

Hi Alan,

your Knight Cross is an original and nice one. The weight is in range. Don't worry.

I have several crosses in my collection and the weights are between 22g - 26g. Only the ring for the ribbon should be also made from gold.

Regards Seeheld

5 hours ago, seeheld said:

Hi Alan,

your Knight Cross is an original and nice one. The weight is in range. Don't worry.

I have several crosses in my collection and the weights are between 22g - 26g. Only the ring for the ribbon should be also made from gold.

Regards Seeheld

Hi Seeheld,

This information is a great help, thank you. Now I can set about getting the appropriate ring. Mfg Alan

P1040167 (2).JPG

Dear alan

Although I am a collector of awards from the German States and awards from WW1 my mecklenburg collection is rather small, especially considering yours. The only thing from Mecklenburg I have is a nice ribbonbar with a Mecklenburg Military Merit Cross and a Mecklenburg service cross. I'll add a picture for you.

Kind regards, Laurentius

20170702_170627.jpg

7 hours ago, seeheld said:

Hi Alan,

wow, you have a very nice collection already.

Please be so kind and show us the silver and gold crosses from the Order of the Wendian Crown.

Regards Seeheld

Thank you Seeheld, here they are.

P1040177.JPG

P1040178.JPG

10 hours ago, laurentius said:

Dear alan

Although I am a collector of awards from the German States and awards from WW1 my mecklenburg collection is rather small, especially considering yours. The only thing from Mecklenburg I have is a nice ribbonbar with a Mecklenburg Military Merit Cross and a Mecklenburg service cross. I'll add a picture for you.

Kind regards, Laurentius

20170702_170627.jpg

Nice one. Like yourself I also collect the many German States, but have found it increasingly harder to find pieces. Is this something you have found also?

Dear alan

Pieces are getting harder to find, that is true, but that is happening all over the world, with all the medals. I recently went to a militaria fair with a good friend of mine who collects EK's from WW2. He was willing to pay 140 euro for an Einzelspange EK2 1939. I was quite stunned by his willingness to pay such a large amount, especially since I know that he likes to get cheap deals (who doesn't ?). After he had bought it he told me that it is rare nowadays to come across such a piece, while in the 70's and 80's you could buy 10 at the time. In dutch we call it 'de opdrogende waterval' which literally means 'the waterfall that is drying up'. I think this 'drying up' is caused by the new collectors from Russia, the Middle-East and Asia. People collect there, and often pay extreme amounts for normal medals. Pieces go there, but they don't come back. Sometimes when I go through the catalog of an auctionhouse I come across pieces of which I knew the former owner. But we don't see this happening in Asia, Russia and the Middle-east. Pieces go there, but they don't come back anymore, causing the 'drying up'. Quite sad indeed.

Kind regards, Laurentius