This would be an unissued example of the wound badges awarded personally by the Kaiser to very special recipients. The issued examples, of course, had his signature and date of award engraved on the reverse. :D:lol::rolleyes:

Try this one on for size!

Its a very special wound award to Kaiserlicker Bumwipers who sustained facial injuries during the performance of their dutys on the royal personage and associated family members, so as the massed ranks would not get upset, the reciepiant was usualy awarded these in a dark ally in the dead of night with instructions to wear it inside the jacket. :rolleyes:

Kevin in Deva. :cheeky:

Rarer - much rarer... and infinitely more valuable...

Keep sharp men - these could fool even the experts :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Small-German-1813-Iron...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hallo Biro :beer:

the seller does state it was not "issued" but "made-up" shades of Trotters Trading :P

maybe made up means, in the five minutes before he posted the auction.

Nearly rates up there with the iii reich ss submarine badge i was offered many years ago in Bavaria (Home of the ss summarine pens on lake constance :P )

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

RE the fantasy "wound" badge.

In all seriousness, does it have any historical legitimacy at all? (it's too pretty not to) it would be interesting to learn when and why something like that was put together. I know, I'm naive.

I agree it is nicer that the real version

Biber

RE the fantasy "wound" badge.

In all seriousness, does it have any historical legitimacy at all? (it's too pretty not to) it would be interesting to learn when and why something like that was put together. I know, I'm naive.

I agree it is nicer that the real version

Biber

Maybe these were going to be the Aniversary-commemorative pieces for WINNING THE FIRST WORLD WAR :blush:

Kevin in Deva

Please Gentlemen,

I have seen this badge before, in fact my Great-Grandfather's uncle had one (got the picture of him wearing it, but can't find it right now) it is the Kaiserliche-Graben-F?hrer-Abzeichen (imperial trench pilot badge) not to be confused with the Kaiserliche-Graben-Beobachter-Abzeichen (imperial trench observer badge) that one is without the swords. I will post the picture of Great-Grandfather's uncle when I find it.

All the Best Hardy

"I will post the picture of Great-Grandfather's uncle when I find it.

found it!! [attachmentid=34146] Oh, Kev was right about one thing, he is wearing it inside his jacket

What is this or am I missing something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Imerial-German-WWI-Pru...1QQcmdZViewItem

It MUST be real because "Catmom" is bidding on it!

I remember one these being sold at this quite well-known imperial militaria site couple of years ago. It was described as some sort of an commemorative badge for those who had been in the air service before the war, and then returned to their original units (infantry, cavalry etc.) when the army was mobilized.

But this is just a fantasy badge then? Although it wouldn't surprise me.

Pete