News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That`s not the problem... there were 2 german wound badges, one for the navy (black,silver,gold) and one for the army AND the colonial troops (black,silver,gold). So the seller is right when he guesses that this wound badge could have been given to a colonial soldier BUT he says that it IS from the colonies - and that`s a point he can only show with the award document. So it is no fake but a not very gentlemanlike way to push up the price... :shame:

Let me discribe the

"Imperial Colonial Wound Badge".

Instead of the usual steel helmet displayed in the center, there is a spiked pith helmet and the swords are replaced by crossed spears.

:beer:

He also states he will refund your money if not as described yet he doesn't really describe anything....

Hallo Gentlemen :beer: here is the sellers reply to my question:

"Dear Sir,

The badge in question for your information the background is fretted out. Wounded badges were issued to those soldiers in the Boxer Rebellion and South West Africa, they are the same as the one I have. Please bear in mind that a host of medals and badges were issued well after the period they were meant for. Take for instance the 1914 Hindenburg Cross for Frontline Combatants. They were issued fron 1934 onwards. So your argument and ill conceived issue has conveniently been blown out of the water. Thank you for your info. I will keep it in mind. Have a Bratwurst & Schnapps on me.

Regards........Victoria."

Like the description of the item, seems that the lady picks and chooses the relevant bits of information to suit her tastes. (Bratwurst & Schnapps :( ) Give me a good chicken Curry anyday. :D

Hallo Gentlemen :beer: here is the sellers reply to my question:

"Dear Sir,

The badge in question for your information the background is fretted out. Wounded badges were issued to those soldiers in the Boxer Rebellion and South West Africa, they are the same as the one I have. Please bear in mind that a host of medals and badges were issued well after the period they were meant for. Take for instance the 1914 Hindenburg Cross for Frontline Combatants. They were issued fron 1934 onwards. So your argument and ill conceived issue has conveniently been blown out of the water. Thank you for your info. I will keep it in mind. Have a Bratwurst & Schnapps on me.

Regards........Victoria."

Like the description of the item, seems that the lady picks and chooses the relevant bits of information to suit her tastes. (Bratwurst & Schnapps :( ) Give me a good chicken Curry anyday. :D

After contacting the seller a second time to ask more about the item I received the following:

The problem with your statement is that I can prove who the soldier is and the medal does have urkunde. I bought the medal from a family in Germany. I bought everything appertaining to the man in question. His Iron Crosses, Colonial Badge, Wounded Badge (Wounded 3 times in the book) etc;. The only thing they wouldn't sell me was his Militarpass Book and the Urkunde for all his medals. I bought everything else including his Pickelhaube. They wanted to keep the paperwork for future generations of the family. So unfortunately that's another argument blown out of the water. Please don't forget that I am a German and I return to Germany every 2 months from the UK. I have an awful lot of contacts in the Militaria Business. I do know what I'm talking about. Thank you for your advice, but this time, sorry you're wrong.

Regards............Victoria.

My underlines.

Strangely enough the second reply came via ebay from: iron_cross_bunker( 357) 99,2%

Positive Bewertungen: 99,2%

Angemeldet am: www.ebay.co.uk

where as the original reply came from:b] guaranteed_originals( 161) 98,2%

Positive Bewertungen:98,2%

Angemeldet am: www.ebay.co.uk

So any more opinions on this?? I dont think I will be buying from Victoria, despite her "awful lot of contacts in the militaria business :P

kevin!

thanks for your interesting research.

my granny used to say, "don't let the facts

get in the way of his/her truth".....

i guess because i travel from north carolina

to pennsylvania on a regular basis that

i'm an expert on mules, mushrooms, and the

liberty bell....

joe

kevin!

thanks for your interesting research.

my granny used to say, "don't let the facts

get in the way of his/her truth".....

i guess because i travel from north carolina

to pennsylvania on a regular basis that

i'm an expert on mules, mushrooms, and the

liberty bell....

joe

Hallo Joe. thanks for the comment.

DING - DONG :speechless: speaking of bells I hope our resident research expert Rick. might be able to confirm,:

1. were woundbadges given out retrospective for the Boxer rebellion to Prussian troops.??

2. Were Colonial troops in line for EKs and wound badges in colonial service?

Something at the back of my mind sets a little humongus alarm bell ringing that they didnt qualify for the EKs.

When armed with the appropriate ammunition I might get a chance to blow "S.S. Victoria" out of the water with a broadside of my own. :violent:

As for her comment "Please dont forget I am a German" unless she included a psychic link on the auction page, about her nationality and the fact she has seen documentation, relating to the item, how are we suposed to know :P

Another quirk of her listings is you only get to see one side of an object thats up for sale.

Kevin in Deva