News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saxon Albert Orders

At last the ugliest. The quality hit list goes certanly from Scharffenberg to Roesner to Glaser & Sohn. Glaser made some really low quality but cheap pieces towards the end of WWI. One will always find those knight badges first and second class. They were also known for the golden grand cross stars!, yet the officers cross is something I have seen only once. Here it is:

[attachmentid=34685][attachmentid=34686]

[attachmentid=34687]

Hi Paul, that's exactly what it is supposed to be. But I don't think it's real and I don't think even if it was that it was awarded to this guy. But that's going from rough photos.... It would be very surprising to find a Saxon Albert Order Medal (Type 1, less than 66 total awards from 1861-1866) on this bar.

Another Saxon AOR, this one RK1X, again a Scharffenberg....... many people mistakenly take the "S" as "silber", when it is actually for Scharffenberg. You will find multiple variations of their maker marks from a simple "S" to a full blown "Scharffenberg/Dresden mark spread out on the bottom of both arms!

To make even more interesting I am posting another Spange with the AO, researched by Rick who found the recipient of these medals:

? Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 1909)

? Kriegverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse ohne Schwertern (OEK 3836)

? Sachsen-K?nigreich, RK St. Heinrich-Orden (OEK 2088)

? Sachsen-K?nigreich, Zivildienstorden RK 2. Klasse mit Schwertern (OEK 2155)

? Sachsen-K?nigreich, Albrechtsorden 2. Kl. mit Schwertern (OEK 2212)

? S?chsiche Herzogt?mer ab 1826, RK 2. Klasse mit Schwertern (OEK 2478)

? Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer (OEK 3803)

? ?sterreich, 1. WK Erinnerungsmedaille

? Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen, 2. Stufe (OEK 3509)

? Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, 1939 (OEK 3520)

? Ungarn, 1. WK Erinnerungsmedaille

Adalbert Flaccus

born 24 December 1880 in Alterwald, Rheinprovinz. Also in Saxon J?ger Bataillon 12 (last KNOWN rank Lt dR 23.1.09 W), civil occupation Diplom Ingenieur (hmmmm, that Westwall.....)

StHO 29.4.17 as Oberlt dR and a company commander in JB 12 on the Macedonian front

SV3bX 24.12.16 (a nice birthday present!) as Oberlt dR in JB12

SA3bX 19.10.15 as Lt dR in JB 12

SEHO-R2X 20.5.16 as Oberlt dR in JB 12.

Ciao,

Claudio

Hello,

Very nice and interesting thread about beautifull enamel work !!, just love.

I have also a little bar on its way with one of these thingy's on, is it possible to identify who did produce the Albrechtorden simply by looking at its characteristics ?

Cordial greetings,