News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the oak crown

Dear fellow collectors

I had a stroke of luck last saturday and I was able to buy this lovely order of the crown for a good price. I am generally informed about the order but I did have one question about the ring which I hope one of the collectors here can answer. My commander's cross has a small ring through which the main ring is placed, the ribbon was worn through this main ring. Other examples of the order show only 1 ring. I'll add some pictures for visualisation. Firstly, my new piece.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor orden der eichenkrone

We can clearly see two rings, a smaller one and a bigger one, and here we have one with just one ring

image.jpeg.e693002caa59786146bf9ec0a3678568.jpeg

Is the difference in the ring maybe a difference in type or is the difference a difference in class, for example one could be a commander and the other one a grandcommander?

Kind regards and thanks in advance, Laurentius

Dear fellow collectors

Today I received the award, pictures will be added below, it is a true little beauty and it seems to be real gold, except for the ring around the medaillon. I would like to thank 1812 for supplying further reference material, personally I think that mine looks alike to the second picture send by 1812. The ring has 2 little identical markings, are there any collectors who can add on that?

Kind regards, Laurentius

P.S. The cross measures 51 X 51 mm, I added an iron cross for size reference

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg