News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hello 1812 Overture,

please post only photos where you own the copyright.

Andreas

I understand why you have written this but, in fairness to 1812, CCJ doesn't own the copyright of the photos which started this thread. Indeed, if we only posted photos where we did own the copyright, this would be a rather image-poor site, I think.

That having been said, I agree that you are correct by the letter of the law.

16 hours ago, Trooper_D said:

Andreas

I understand why you have written this but, in fairness to 1812, CCJ doesn't own the copyright of the photos which started this thread. Indeed, if we only posted photos where we did own the copyright, this would be a rather image-poor site, I think.

That having been said, I agree that you are correct by the letter of the law.

thank you, friend! I think, in order to avoid unnecessary trouble, I will not provide services here. . In China, it is not a violation if you do not use photographs in business.:ninja:

I think it’s more complicated than only posting what you “own” some photos are in the public domain, some have been duplicated for sale, some are copyright. Some people give permission for the use of their images, others don’t.

As TrooperD satiated, it would be a poor image site otherwise. 

• 2 months later...
    On 22/09/2018 at 10:33, ccj said:

I think it’s more complicated than only posting what you “own” some photos are in the public domain, some have been duplicated for sale, some are copyright. Some people give permission for the use of their images, others don’t.

As TrooperD satiated, it would be a poor image site otherwise. 

Gentlemen,

If you wish to review the GMIC rules regarding the posting of text or pictures in relation to copyright please refer to Guidelines, section 2.4.  While 2.4 does not implicitly rule out the use of copyright material it does provide "guidelines" for doing so.

Regards,

Gordon

A grouping was sold by the family of a Bavarian General a few years ago

1910 field grey uniform

prewar dress tunic

field grey M16 Bluse litewka

the family wanted to remain anonymous so cut out the names on the labels.  I seriously can’t understand why people do that.

It may be von Hartz 

10 hours ago, Gordon Craig said:

Gentlemen,

If you wish to review the GMIC rules regarding the posting of text or pictures in relation to copyright please refer to Guidelines, section 2.4.  While 2.4 does not implicitly rule out the use of copyright material it does provide "guidelines" for doing so.

Regards,

Gordon

You’re way late on your comment and to be honest it doesn’t help the content of this thread. I’m sure you’re aware on private messages. Someone had brought it up before and a member withdrew.

I typically don’t say much about these things but you really reduce my enthusiasm to share my collection and knowledge.

If you want to help you can remove the the postings that worry you. I’m not hear to argue so no need to begin one.

thanks and I’ll give thought to continuing my contributions. 

I’d prefer the administrator delete the entire thread

Guys,

if anyone has a problem with a photo they have copyright to, let them contact an admin.

Online photos are posted and reposted and reposted all over on dozens of sites... the pics on my site have been reposted all over... such is life. We all profit when information is exchanged...

That Tunic looks reeeeaaaally good...