News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Here's one of my prize possessions. :love: I purchased it from Jack Angolia (Thanks Jack! :cheers: ) on one of our visits to his home many many years ago. The only problem it has is that part of the attachment where the pin folds under is missing but the remainder has been bent over and it works just as well.

IPB Image

But it's a piece that I would absolutely love to know it's history... who was it awarded to? What happened to them? No telling if I'll ever be able to find out. But I've always wondered. I'd love to find out it was someone of note who I'd be able to get a history on as well as a photo(s).

IPB Image

As with many of my pics I must apologize for the quality. I took picture after picture of this in all kinds of light but I could not get it any better than this. I'll be so happy (as I'm sure all of you will be too! :lol: ) when I get a scanner! I know it's hard to make out but the number on the badge is:

Perhaps some day I might get lucky and find out something about the original recipient. :rolleyes: At least it's a nice dream.

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

Dan

Well, I can' say who he was, but he wasn't in Gau Westfalen because I have all the numbers for this Gau, I went through them, just on the off chance, but this number doesn't match any names, neither any of the couple of hundred of SS or Polizei names, sorry!

Hope you get there one day.

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Hi Matt,

Hey, I really deeply appreciate your checking this for me. :cheers: I was actually kinda secretly hoping someone would though... :rolleyes:

Well, as you say... one day if I'm lucky!

And no, haven't gotten with that other gentleman... but I think I know who you're talking about, if it's the one I'm thinking of I've been on his site several times. My only problem right now is that the budget for collecting and such is verrrrrrry tiiiiiight! So something like that may have to wait a while.

But at least it's an option at some point if nothing else works.

Again really appreciate your having a go at this and for just plain stoppin' by to check it out! It's not like the most perfect, mint example. In fact I forgot to mention it has a very small shallow chip out of the black enamel on the swaz... but I think I've even seen another on here that has one that's nearly identical... so at least she's in good company! :lol: But I love her all the more for her imperfections. I'd always wanted one and lucked out when Jack happened to have an extra on hand that trip. He's a terrific guy and I just can't say enough about him. Would always give us the grand tour and then let me just wander and drool to my heart's content. :love: Being careful of course not to drool on anything of course. :rolleyes: He and his Mrs. would roll out the red carpet and we'd always have a great time. Even our little Chihuahua Smiley who has sadly passed on many many years ago was always welcome and would play and romp through the house with their Maltese. Oh the fun they'd have. But not near as much as I would checking out all his fantastic goodies!

Talk about a kid in a candy store! :jumping:

I still have a few things I'd gotten from him... will be posting more at some point. I've got a nice little German navy dagger as well as a framed and matted set of IAB's that are done just like all the ones he had on wall display.

Well, got to run and go face the world for a bit, but thanks again for trying. Perhaps one of the other members will have a bit more luck... :rolleyes: least I hope so!

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Guest Rick Research

71889 was given to somebody processed as a member between 5th and 13th December 1927. My Gau Hessen-Nassau list brackets your number with these dates.

71889 was given to somebody processed as a member between 5th and 13th December 1927. My Gau Hessen-Nassau list brackets your number with these dates.

Hi Rick,

Wow! This is starting to get narrowed down a bit! :jumping: In fact quite a bit... sounds like only a matter of a few days! I can't tell you how grateful I am that you could dig this up for me. I owe you a pizza the size of a planet if you're ever in our neck of the woods... in fact it comes with the absolute best fried chicken if we hit them during the buffet! :lol:

At this rate, I'll have the member it was given to, his photo, biography and if he's still alive his current contact information by end of the day today! :rolleyes: Ya'll are simply amazing! :cheers:

Thank you soooooooo much! :cheers:

So what did you think about that HSU photo and that of my friend that I pm'd you with the other night? I think they could be twins! And I'm still thinking sleeper, although I've known Rik since he was about 8 so I know better. Perhaps a long lost cousin. :rolleyes:

Also I won that auction I was shooting for so I'm an extremely happy camper. Be happier if it was a real one but on my budget this will do nicely till a good one comes along and I've just won the lotto! :rolleyes:

Thanks again! :cheers:

Dan

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

In addition to what Rick had stated in post #5, I just heard back from Robert McDivitt and here's what he had to say:

"I was not able to identify the recipient of Goldene

Ehrenzeichen Nr. 71889. However, I do have

information about other numbers that bracket 71889.

Based on that information, I am able to say that the

recipient joined the NSDAP on 12.12.1927 and resided

in Gau Sued-Hannover-Bruanschweig or joined on

13.12.1927 and resided in the Ruhr region (maybe Gau

Duesseldorf or Gau Essen)."

So at least that add's a bit of info to it.

Also, as much as I hate to do so, :( I've reached a point where I think I'm going to let it go. Not that I don't love it :love::love: but I've really moved away from TR for the most part and am not only looking to get a collector car in the not too distant future (I hope) but also get a few more nice Soviet pieces if I can manage it.

So if anyone is interested please let me know. I'm getting ready to post it in the for sale section in just a bit.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hallo Dan,

Ive a party badge marked GES.GESCH. and the member number 90370. Any idea who could be the waerer?

Sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to you on this. Just been incredibly busy. If you can find someone who has a copy of any or all of the available Dienstalterlists which were lists of officers in the SS listing all of their awards, etc., and their SS and Party numbers then you can see if one of the party numbers matches with your badge.

Or you can contact Robert McDivitt at:

http://www.militariaresearch.com/

He does such research for a fee. The details are on his site.

Any chance you can post pics, both front and back of your badge? Would love to see it.

Hope this helps and best of luck in finding out. :cheers:

Dan

Hallo,

yes here are 2 fotos. Its a "Bodenfund" (groundfind). Not to nice :blush: , but an original one. Even one peace with history.

Very nice. Any information on where it was found and under what conditions, ie: what else was found with it, etc? I tend to lean a bit towards archeology and the methods thereof when something like this is found. I'm hoping in this case notes were made as to where, what else was with it, etc., as this can help to give more history to the item in question.

I think your best bet will be in contacting Robert McDivitt. If you give him the number he'll do a quick check. If he cannot find it he'll let you know and there's no charge... at least that was my experience. However, if he finds it then there is a charge but he'll let you know beforehand. But considering that any such information will likely raise the price of your piece I'd say it's worth it. I had hoped he would found info on mine but he couldn't.

Again hope this helps. Many thanks for posting the pics. :cheers:

Dan

Hello,

end of 1944 some troops of the Leibstandarte came in our area. Maybe some other SS Troops, too. All came back from the Ardennen offensive. The headquarter was only 500 Meter away in a farmbuilding. After war the troops surrendered here. Still are some veterans living here, which could not back to Eastgermany. I think in the trouble of the last wardays the Golden Party badge was threwn away. Many guns, ammo, some decorations ... were found in the woods round our village.

Hello,

end of 1944 some troops of the Leibstandarte came in our area. Maybe some other SS Troops, too. All came back from the Ardennen offensive. The headquarter was only 500 Meter away in a farmbuilding. After war the troops surrendered here. Still are some veterans living here, which could not back to Eastgermany. I think in the trouble of the last wardays the Golden Party badge was threwn away. Many guns, ammo, some decorations ... were found in the woods round our village.

Well, if it was indeed an SS one then perhaps it would show up on one of the Dienstalterlistes. Would be fascinating to find out who it belonged to and know more of it's history.

Thanks so much for posting the pics. Looks great even after all that time in the ground.

Dan :cheers:

• 1 year later...