News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

C. Zeige auctioned another group of ribbon bars lately, one of them seems to be a little odd that the 3rd Reich KVK is placed after the Hindy cross, and no long service medals, does it make any sense?

CZeige bar.jpg

Hi there!

No, it doesn't... and I don't like it... first of all I'm not so sure that the first device (Wiederholungsspange 1939 2 Kl) is original (it looks so "flashy" and new compared the other ones), secondly there are too many different types (3 types out of 4) of swords devices and thirdly the order doesn't make sense (that KVK2 1939 with X, it should go immediately after the Iron cross ribbon).

I wouldn't be sad to have missed that one...

ciao,

C

The combination of Imperial and World War I awards matches Emil Becker, who was a Major in FAR 14 in 1914 and later commanded FAR 92 and Arko 75. However, the World War II awards are questionable, given what you both note. Also, Oberst a.D. Becker was born in 1868, so he seems a bit old to be a combat officer and qualify for the EK2 Spange. Seventy-plus is a bit old for a d.R. or z.V. officer, even in Wehrersatzwesen, much less at the front.

That sums up pretty much.

What about the Mecklenburg medic bar in the bottom of the picture? could the 3rd and 4th ribbons be Verdienstkreuz of Hausorden der Wendischen Krone and Militär Verdienstkreuz?