Hi All,

Did anyone else see this photo on ebay? I think it might be Generalmajor Siegfried Mummenthey (1886-1976) judging by the awards?

SM1.jpg

SM2.jpg

Edited by Mattyboy

I think it has to be the then Major Memmenthey although the lack of swords to the Albrechtsorden is surprising.

Regards

Glenn

The Saxon Albert Order was awarded pre-WW1. See below extract from 1914 Prussian Rank List.

Mummenthey.jpg

Dear Glenn J

Not that weird, although I don't have much information about this officer it is quite certain that his military career started pre-ww1, thus enabling him to have a Albrechtsorden without swords, as they were often given out to junior officers prior to WW1. Perhaps there is a connection to the Saxon kingdom.

Kind regards, Laurentius

I see that whilst I was typing P.F. was just a bit faster than me

4 hours ago, laurentius said:

Dear Glenn J

Not that weird, although I don't have much information about this officer it is quite certain that his military career started pre-ww1, thus enabling him to have a Albrechtsorden without swords, as they were often given out to junior officers prior to WW1. Perhaps there is a connection to the Saxon kingdom.

Kind regards, Laurentius

I see that whilst I was typing P.F. was just a bit faster than me

Indeed, although the interwar Reichsheer lists shows him with swords to this award. Perhaps a mistake?

Regards

Glenn

23 minutes ago, Glenn J said:

Indeed, although the interwar Reichsheer lists shows him with swords to this award. Perhaps a mistake?

Regards

Glenn

I checked the 1925 & 1929- both say the same thing, Albert Order with Swords. However, based on the photographic evidence this must be a mistake.

Everything else seems to match up.

I saw it on Ebay...but the result was ridiculous high...regarding the Lippe-awards everythig was correct on the photo.

By the way, the name of Siegfried Mummenthey was also marked on the back of the photo.

On his receipt for the cross for heroic deeds, he noted a SA3b  on 8th December 1915.

Regards
Roman