News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Friedrich Götting - anyone?

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 3 years later...
    19 minutes ago, Deutschritter said:

I take it, the Großkreuz has still not been identified? Romania? Bulgaria? Thanks! 

At some point during the time he was Placed at the Disposal of the Commander-in-Chief of the Kriegsmarine (24 June 1940-31 August 1942), he was attached to the German Mission in Romania. No further info avaliable. All I know is it was some time in early 1942. A Romanian book gives the date 28 February 1942 on which Götting was received by Marshal Ion Antonescu as the new "Chief of the German Naval Mission".

Some colleagues from the Axis History Forum and I agreed that the Breast Star is the Großkreuz des Königlichen Ordens der Krone von Rumänien mit Schwertern. That's the award I have in my files. Of course, this is not 100% confirmed because of the lack of a better photo of the Breast Star.

Here is the full list of his awards, if you are interested:

-Eisernes Kreuz (1914) I. Klasse 
    -Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. Klasse
    -Königlich Preußisches Dienstauszeichnungskreuz
    -Großherzoglich Oldenburgisches Friedrich August-Kreuz I. Klasse
    -Großherzoglich Oldenburgisches Friedrich August-Kreuz II. Klasse mit Spange „Vor dem Feinde“
    -Hamburgisches Hanseatenkreuz
    -U-Bootskriegsabzeichen (1918)
    -Ritterkreuz I. Klasse des Königlich Schwedischen Schwertordens (02. 08. 1918)
    -Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges 1914/1918 mit Schwertern für Frontkämpfer    
    -Wehrmacht Dienstauszeichnung IV. bis I. Klasse
    -Großkreuz des Königlichen Ordens der Krone von Rumänien mit Schwertern

Edited by Kriegsmarine Admiral