News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

US awards records

Arnhembobby

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any knowledge of if it is possible to view/look up/ check on recipients of some US awards?

Namely:-  Silver Star, Bronze Star and the Purple Heart. I know the US have certain records and I would like to do some research into some medals I am looking into. 

Any ideas anyone? Links maybe?

Great site by the way.

• 4 months later...

It looks like Google is a good place to start. Type in a search term such as ''Silver Star Recipients'' or whatever medal you are researching at that given moment.

Might be pretty basic results but it might act as pointers to more informed sites.

Arnhembobby,

I assume that you have named medals that you are researching?  If you use google search you will find there is at least one site that is dedicated to Purple Heart.  I've never found much on line in researching bronze or silver stars.  You could try a google search for the name on the medal as well.  Also you might like to try www.ancestry.com and www.findagrave.com . I would suggest that you join the Orders and Medals Society of America (OMSA).   They have an amazing archives of articles on medals and awards.

Regards,

Gordon