News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photo or picture about Afghan Order of the Supreme Sun

johnprice

Ed Haynes wrote a comprehensive study of Afghani awards in 2016.  Perhaps you could contact him for further details.  Another place to start -- auction catalog of G. Tammann's collection [UBS 2008].  Tammann also wrote an exhaustive study of the entire range of Afghan awards but I do not know where one can find copies.  Tammann himself seems not to be involved with Orders study since 2006 or 7.  

A 1998 Russian language monograph briefly mentions the Order but is largely worthless in terms of information or illustrations.  General sources like Werlich or Stair Sainty & Heydel-Mankoo offer few images or information.   

• 2 weeks later...

Morton and Eden  catalogue june 2017 (my last magnus opus prior to my near fatal illness) contained many Afghan awards similar in quantity to Tammans offerings and included several rarities and a few unrecorded items www.mortonandeden.com follow the links. Well worth a look

Paul