News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Army Hazardous Skill cloth badge...date?

Would like to know what era this badge is from....an 'ammunition examiner' with RAOC, per the card it came with. Melton backing, no glow threads (if that helps) and thread burn test is like WWIi era...

Cheers, and Best regards...

P1150007.JPG

P1150009.JPG

• 1 month later...

I believe this badge 'A' within flames was worn by Ammunition Inspection Staff, introduced 30.09.50.

In 1978 its use was extended to Ammunition Technical Officers, Ammunition Executive Officers, RAOC, and Ammunition Technicians, RAOC.

By 1997 it was worn solely by Ammunition Technical Officers and Ammunition Technicians (Other Ranks).

Stephen

• 2 months later...

Introduced in 1950 and worn for some time after.  Ammunition Examiners, Royal Army Ordnance Corps and Assisstant Ammunition Examiners, RAOC (WRAC).  per 1953 edition of Badges on Battledress.  Just piggy backing on Stephen's information.

Robert

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I know, still worn to this date by Royal Logistic Corps (RLC) Ammunition Technical Officers on FAD, the modern version of No2 Dress uniform. There is a No1 dress version which has a black background with gold wire.