News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

GREAT UNCLE'S - WW1 & WW2 ITALIAN NAVY CAREER

Hello Gentleman,    I've been attempting to document the military service career of my Great Uncle, but unfortunately have lost my ability to speak & read Italian. Due to that fact, it's been extremely difficult to learn anything about him, other what little I've managed to compile off of Ancestry.com. I know he was awarded various medals & decorations, as I've viewed several photographs of him wearing them. Unfortunately, I only ended up with a few of his photos, though not the one's with all the medals. ( I do however have 1 or 2 of him in Italian Navy uniform, & he's wearing his ribbon bar. I'm looking for those photos now, & will run to post them when found. ) @@ >>> MY ACTUAL QUESTION IS;  Could anyone here on the GMIC possibly assist me in learning ANYTHING about my Great Uncle ? BELOW, I've included the LINK to 'his' page on my Ancestry Family Tree, & that should provide enough to at least initiate a cursory search. I'm especially interested in his military career, and or anything related to it. I don't even know where he was born, or passed away, other than in Italy. I'm addition to the Link, there's also a brief bit of data pertaining to his Gravestone 's inscription. If anyone could assist me with this, I will be MOST DEEPLY APPRECIATIVE. If I have to hire a researcher, I will, but It would be nice to at least have some background on him to begin with. THANK YOU !!
               Best regards,   dpast32  /  dpast32@aol.com

@ >>> LINK:  https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/18661829/person/20131531247/facts

@ >>> WW1 - WW2 ERA's • ITALIAN - "REGIA MARINA" / ITALIAN NAVY 

@ >>> Michele PASTORE, Served in the ITALIAN NAVY / 'REGIA MARINA', apparently as an Career Sailor. His Gravestone, in Italy is inscribed as follows; "MARESCIALLO MARINA MILITATE", along with his Name, Dates of Birth & Death

BORN:  17 APRIL 1884, in ITALY
    DIED:     25 JUNE 1974, in ITALY

THANKS AGAIN !!!