News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello again !

I am looking for more info about

Geheimer Kriegsgerichtsrat Dr. Eduard (may be Edward) Fuhrmann

I bought a photo of him which was taken in Eisenach (Thüringen).

I think it was taken in ~ 1910 -

His face looks like a 60 - 70 years old grandpa. (so he should be born in ~ 1850)

He wears: RAO3 mit Schleife, KO3, DA25 (or may be Landwehr DA1), Chinadenkmünze 1900/01, Südwestafrikadenkmünze and Centenarmedaille

(= Red eagle 3 with loop, crown order 3, LSC or may be reserve LSC1, China & SW Africa commemorative medal & Centenialmedal)

The commemorative medals are looking like the non combatant version (steel) - no Iron cross.

I cannot find him in my books.

Can anybody help???? Which unit? I wonder why he does not wear the 1870/71 commemorative medal...

And i need also information about

Dr. Arthur Wolff (Rechtsanwalt - lawyer) in Berlin - born 1881 died 1930

I need to know, if he got the Komturkreuz of the Hausorden Albrechts des Bären in the year 1918 (Anhalt)

I think i found him (Fuhrmann) in the DOA 1908 - may be his name was Gustav Eduard or Eduard Gustav:

In this time he had RAO4, CM, LDA1

Seems that he later got the RAO3mS (and returned the RAO4), and KO3.

Normally the commemorative medals are not always listened there.

He was born in 1856 (i estimated around 1850) and lived in Berlin. I think he was retired in ~ 1918.

He must have gotten the KO3 and RAO3mS between 1908 - 1918 and my pic was taken in this time.

His rank was: Geheimer Kriegsrat, Militärintendanturrat and Hauptmann d.L. a.D. so the LDA1 fits.

I think i could be happy.?

Now we only have to clear Dr. Arthur Wolff with his Anhaltiner.

Edited by ixhs

I put this together on your man.

Andy

Gustav Fuhrmann  (1856-??)

13.03.13                               Geh. Kriegsrat, Milit. Intend. Rat b.d. Intend. d. militärischen Insitute m. Pens. in d. Ruhestand vers.

03.03.00-13.03.13             b. Intend. d. militärischen Insitute

20.09.97-03.03.00             b. Korps Intend. d. XVII. AK

28.04.93-20.09.97             b. Korps Intend. d. VIII. AK

1892-28.04.93                    b. Korps Intend. d. XV. AK

[11.09.97                              PRAO4 b. VIII. AK]

[1895                                     wohnt in Coblenz, Victoriastr. 28

[10.10.89                              zu Milit. Intend. Rat ern.]

09.12.87-1891                    Intendtr. Assess. und Vorstand d. Intendtr. d. 31. Div.

1886-09.12.87                    b. Korps Intend. d. V. AK

17.10.82                               Dr.jur. Fuhrmann, bisher Gerichtsreferendar, zum Intend. Referendar b. XI. AK

His Orden from the 01.10.1912 Rangliste:  PRAO4  PKrO3  LD1

Hptm. d.L.           10-09-97

Pem.Lt.d.R.        14-10-90

Sek.Lt.d.R.          16-08-81  (war Sek.Lt.d.R. d. FAR 11]

I believe, this is Dr. juris Arthur Wolff - i would nearly bet, that he wears a Robe of a german lawyer.

In the Hof & Staatshandbuch 1918 (Redaktionsschluss März 1918, so we do not know what he also earned between April and Nov. 1918) he is listed with a lot of decorations - he was lawyer at the Berlin Kammergericht and

also Direktor der Deutschen Bühne. In an article of a german newspapers of the 1960s i found a note, that he traveled

a lot of and "in dieser Zeit sammelte er bei Fürstenhöfen eine Vielzahl von Orden (...)"

I know that he got the Carl Eduard Medal 1st class ("for wearing on the neck") - i have two judges, who also got that medal.

But they are too old - i think on this shown pic this man is not older than 40 years.

Wolff war born in Berlin in 1881 and died in 1930. The pic must have been taken in 1918 or later because he wears the last

version of the Bulgarian Alexanderorden (3 rd??) class with swords on the ring.

SDC11784.JPG

Edited by ixhs