News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oldest nick you’ve ever served at?

Thought it might be interesting to see what the oldest nick forum members have ever been based at? 

Wonder what the oldest nick in the country is? 

Here's my humble contribution, 1891. Inside it's been completely refurnished, but the exercise yard still remains intake. 

Ruthin.jpg

Edited by bigjarofwasps

My Oldest Station was Westminster Road, Liverpool. Built 1885. Initially "E" Division Liverpool City Police, "B" Division Liverpool and Bootle Constabulary and later "A" Dvision Merseyside. Closed 1984 (Pity it didn't make a century)

Regards

Westminster Road 1.jpg

Westminster Road 2.jpg

Westminster Road 3.jpg

42847.jpg

I was here a couple of years Charing Cross, Agar Street WC2. Built as the Charing Cross Hospital in 1831. Moved to its new site in Hammersmith in the 70's and this site became derelict. Re opened as a nick in the early 90's. A bit of cheat but still!

• 2 weeks later...
    On 06/03/2019 at 15:02, BRB PEELER said:

Bishopsgate orginally 1861 - levelled rebuilt in current form in 1930’s

Tring Police Station 1910

Not as easy as it first seems is it.

With so many of these old nicks have closed down now, the really old still operational ones are few and far between.