News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Macclesfield Special Constable medal for WW1 service

Can anyone assist me with information about a silver coloured medal issued to Macclesfield Special Constables for World War 1 service.

I have attached Obv and Rev pictures for information. Cannot find any references about it after numerous searches!

Unknown Macclesfield Obv.jpg

Unknown Macclesfield Rev.jpg

It is what it is. Many towns in the UK issued them. The only way you are likely to get any additional information is to examine the Watch Committee minutes for the period in question or perhaps there may have been some mention of an award in the local press.

Dave.

I have only seen one of these in the flesh  before and that was c 1974 in Macclesfield Police Station Canteen and it was on a Bobbies key ring. Not a common item

There is a specimen on e-bay at the Moment 10.15am 2/3/19 with 1 hour 30 mins to go with a bit of interest being shown. 4 Bidders at present.

Peter

Hi Peter, thank you for the info. I bid on it but missed- it went for £75 and I was a little under. It looked to me that it may be missing a pin brooch or ribbon suspender- doesn't seem to be complete??

I collect all UK/Commonwealth police medals but particularly interested in the older UK County/Borough/City medals so if you spot any on the market please let me know.It's a bit hard to track them as most are UK based sales and I am in Australia. The time difference is a killer!

Kind regards

Dave. dpk@iinet.net.au