Very nice.  Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

JustinG

This is on the way to me this week. 17 inches. I am thinking it may not be the young kaiser, rather, another field marshal. Any suggestions welcome. Also, how often do you see these?  

main bronze.jpg

bronze c.jpg

bronze e.jpg

That´s the Kaiser, all right.

GreyC

If the Kaiser, it must have been a young Kaiser iteration. I say that because of the styling of the picklehaube but I am not sure. I wonder what period this might have been crafted in?  

It´s the helmet of the Garde du Corps. I´d place the production of the statue in the 1890´s.

GreyC

Another clue is the Order of the Black Eagle chain/collar. Does that help narrow it down to someone? Was that awarded to other field marshals too?? On the face of the round epaulette are three equidistant symbols that I cannot discern. 

P1030730.JPG

Very rare the symbols on the epaulette. they must be the normal prussian stars very like the british ones.but appears as a sort of maltese crosses. or johanniter, three stars were for the rank of Generaloberst. 

I do also notice the mustache is not upturned like the Kaiser's style so this may have represented another field marshal? Kaiser Wilhelm even in young age had his mustache ends somewhat upturned unlike in this bronze depiction. The interesting thing is that it is detailed in every other manner so I do not think the mustache style is a "mistake."