News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A ten ribbon saxon veterans bar with riddles.

Dear friends,

I got myself a ribbon bar. Obviously everything is sorted wrong and all devices are missing.
    The seller (whom I know for some time) told me that the ribbons (stiched together at the back into loops) and the bar have been found disasembled in a box. He just put the ribbons on the bar, as they came out of the box, for the picture.

What do I have here:
    1 - Iron Cross 1914 2nd class
    2 - unknown, by the colors probably Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, maybe a civilian war award, unknown device missing
    3 - Long service medal? Device missing? What blue ribbon with device could be on a pre-1935 bar of a saxon ww1 veteran???
    4 - Somme-Cross, swords device missing
    5 - Sächsisches Kriegsehrenkreuz 1st class, probably swords missing
    6 - Deutsche Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkriegs, missing "sword and laurel wreath" device
    7 - unknown, looks like Baden Erinnerungsmedaille für 1906, but can`t be, unknown device missing also
    8 - Champagne-Cross, swords device missing
    9 - Sächsisches Kriegsehrenkreuz 2nd class, probably swords missing
    10 - Verdun-Cross, swords device missing

The order (except the unknown), as I would place them:
    1, 5, 9, 4, 8, 10, 6

I need to identify 2, 3 and 7

Any input will be deeply appreciated! Thanks for looking.

spange1.jpg

#2 is the WWI Veteran's Eastern Front Cross.

#3 is likely a Prussian long service decoration (probably 9 or 12-year medal, issued 1913-1920).

#7 is the Baden WWI Veteran's Commemorative Cross.

After 1933 he would only be allowed to wear the EKII and the LS medal + a Hindy.

Germany_WW1_Eastern_Front_Cross.jpg.3be38144e3bc8b6b73dcfd26f2d3eb19.jpgGermany_WW1_Baden_Veterans_Association_Cross.jpg.08a7bc7ea9497df1c5b43309b8a1763f.jpg

Edited by bolewts58